Country Manager - IENS, a TripAdvisor company
Because every moment deserves the right restaurant, our mission is to build a place where every diner can come to easily, discover, find and plan the right and best restaurant experience.
Since the takeover by TripAdvisor in 2014 , IENS is part of the global restaurant platform TheFork, with more than 40 k bookable restaurants in 9 European markets, Brazil & Australia. In 2016, the group acquire Couvert and we now operate under the IENS brand. 38 persons compose the Dutch team. On iens.nl you will find inspiration, menu cards, photos, restaurant descriptions and reviews of which about 250,000 are written by registered testers on an annual basis. For example, IENS helps around 2.5 million visitors monthly in their search for the perfect restaurant.In addition to a consumer platform, IENS is a partner for restaurants and suppliers of the digital reservation system SeatMe. Over 5000 restaurants work with the smart online agenda and reservation system. The system is tailor made for each restaurant, so it perfectly fits the restaurant's formula and ensures optimal restaurant management.
If you love customers, data, food and speed, you never stop learning and you are a team player, join us to transform the industry and delight diners and restaurateurs every day.
You will be responsible for growing our business in the Netherlands. This region is one of the company’s biggest revenue-earner. The success of our activities is directly linked to the number of partner restaurants that we have on our service, their quality, the quality of their special offers (discounts…), as well as the quality of the execution of our marketing activities. In order to successfully grow the business in this region, you will manage a team that will continuously develop and enhance our restaurants offering in these countries’ key geographical areas.
You will have ultimate responsibility for the P&L and growth of this region.
You will rely on a strong middle management team to drive the following activities:
1. Driving our business with our partner restaurants
- B2B Sales: composed of a multi-channel sales force of around 10 sales executives : Field Sales located in the Netherlands and Inside Sales located in Barcelona. You will manage and coach them into signing quality restaurants
- Account Management: ~10 Account Managers are in charge of maintaining the commercial relationship with our 5000 partner restaurants in the Netherlands. Their main goals is to encourage these restaurants to propose special offers/discounts, increase their inventory with us, drive usage of our software and maintain a good level of business relationship and of satisfaction. You will drive this team, continuously manage their performance and propose new ways for them to work so as to achieve higher B2C reservations levels and partner restaurants satisfaction.
- Restaurant training: Trainers are in charge of onboarding and training our new partner restaurants. You will drive them to higher levels of productivity and results, as measured by restaurants usage of our software, and their satisfaction.
- B2B communication and marketing: with local or internationally-shared resources, you put in place and implement a regular communication strategy towards your network of partner restaurants and towards prospects, ensuring: for existing partner restaurants, a continuous level of engagement, satisfaction, and making sure that they are up-to-date on our latest features, policies, events etc. For prospects: ensuring a good pipe of newly identified leads and inbound leads. You co-develop B2B marketing collateral material, reference material, case studies, referral and ambassadorships programs that help achieve higher B2B sales. You are regularly in touch with the industry’s largest influencers and trade unions.
- B2C Marketing & local partnerships:
- Business analysis and planning: you review and analyze the performance of the various geographical areas so as to identify the levers that can be used to bring the region overall to a higher level of reservation revenues.
- Budget and people management: you manage your budget and the people of your team (with the help of the group’s central Finance and HR departments).
To that end, you define the sales strategy, in accordance with the global go-to-market model. You ensure that your team is well-enabled. You set their objectives and manage their performance very tightly. You intervene yourself in some of the key negotiations if necessary. In addition, you maintain and develop a personal network of VIP contacts among restaurants in order to develop the company’s clout in the industry and to ensure that we remain aware of, and involved in, the industry’s trends and changes.
2. Increasing B2C customers acquisition and usage of our service
One of your main driver and objective to accelerate the growth of our business is to make our local brand the most attractive on the food services market. We will provide you with surveys and guidelines to nurture your creativity. You will then be responsible for developing our portfolio of customers, getting more new ones and constantly trying to improve their loyalty, through local Marketing plans.
Within LaFourchette, we structured the marketing around four different pillars, such as: brand/PR, performance marketing, CRM and restaurant offer.
You will manage your own team of marketing experts in these areas, and benefit from the expertise of the central marketing team for each area (mainly based in Paris). Maybe add that there is a marketing director?
You will also have the chance to share experiences and best practices with other Countries/Regional managers.
You will present your marketing plan to the Chief Marketing Officer and you will be in charge of its proper and flawless execution
3. Managing the region/country overall performance and its people
You will also be involved in local PR activities and be the figurehead/spokesperson for IENS local activities, in particular with our partner restaurants. You lead and host the Council of IENS partner restaurants.
You are a peer to 4 other Country/Regional Leaders (France/Belgium/Swtizerland, Iberia & Brazil; Italy & Nordics; Australia).
You will report to the COO of the company.
- You are a strong business unit leader with a strong experience in sales, consumer marketing and management.
- Graduated from a major business school, engineering school or university.
- 10-15+ years of experience, with at least half in a senior management position in a highly competitive environment (30-50 FTE).
- Background from consulting firm is a must (McK, BCG, Bain, Booze...).
- Experience in Internet and/or software industry.
- Experience of multi-channel sales forces. Experience of matrix organizations.
- Experience of B2B “volume” sales and short sales cycle sales. Strong experience in leveraging CRM tools and sales activities tools. Very process oriented.
- Strong sales experience and sales leadership, yet very analytical.
- Experience in defining & driving marketing activities. Both in the areas of branding/campaigns and in the areas of online customer acquisition/retention.
- Strong management experience, including if possible matricial management
- Results-oriented, driven and ambitious, yet collaborative and humble.
- Passionate about gastronomy and the Internet.
- Experience in an international / Anglo-Saxon company is a plus.