Data Product Manager H/F
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company, is the leading online restaurant reservation platform in Europe. We are operating across 11 countries with a network of more than 40,000 restaurants worldwide and 14 million monthly visits.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners. Through TheFork’s website and mobile application, as well as through TripAdvisor®, users can easily select a restaurant according to their preferences, consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. We also provide restaurants with a software solution, TheFork Manager, that enables them to optimize reservation management, control their online presence, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles which are used successfully in the travel industry.
TheFork has built a common Data Platform that collects and processes data from multiple sources and feeds a variety of use cases, including: management and operational reporting,, marketing analysis, product personalisation... Based on an open architecture, this modular platform is TheFork "data lake" and is being implemented with Big Data technologies like Spark and Impala.
Today, we are a looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us bring our Data Platform to the next level, improve richness of our business and user insights, and relevance of our user experiences.
You will join an agile and dynamic team in a fast moving, “scale-up” environment. Reporting to a Product Director, you will take part in an international organisation that values strong execution, and sharing and growing together.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, prioritize and plan evolutions of TheFork’s Data Platform.
- Engage with all departments to understand and articulate Data requirements, in Marketing, Sales & Service Operations, Finance, Product, Technology...
- Drive necessary trade-offs and actions to maintain a common, consistent, healthy Data Platform.
- As a Scrum Product Owner, work closely with our Technology teams to deliver on new Data points in the Data Platform, from ideation to roll-out, with the right level of quality and according to schedule. This involves planning sprints, writing user stories, testing output, project managing delivery... as well as continuously improving our work processes through retrospectives and engagement with the team.
- Maintain documentation targeted to different teams consuming the Data.
- Work with other Product Managers, Project Managers, analysts and stakeholders on cross-team initiatives; identify dependencies between the Data Platform and other components and projects; support other teams who need to leverage the Data Platform.
- Track performance of the Data Platform with impacted teams, extract new learnings and prioritize relevant changes.
- Occasionally, engage with external partners for integrations.
- Keep up to date with business and technology trends in the Data space.
- 5-10 years business experience.
- You have material experience building Data platforms and solutions for a variety of needs (business intelligence, product…). You master some recognised Data technologies such as SQL, Tableau Software (or other)... You understand how components in a service-based Information System work together.
- You put the end-user, internal and external, at the heart of your practice. You seek to understand problems that need a better solution, and propose Product and Technology answers from there.
- You thrive in an international setting.
- You master collaboration with Technology teams, Scrum techniques and the spirit of agile.
- You are a do-er and a problem-solver. You enjoy overcoming barriers and helping the team win.
- You can develop great relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, and balance collaboration and speed of execution.
- A careful listener, you can communicate clearly, precisely and with authenticity.
- Experience in environments connecting business supply and consumer demand, a strong plus (travel, e-commerce…).
- Fluent English and French are a must. Knowledge of other European languages, a plus (notably Spanish, Italian, Dutch).
- Msc/Bac+5 (engineering school, business degree, master).
- The position is based in Paris, with regular trips to Nantes (a few days a month).