Senior Back-end Developer - NodeJS (H/F)
LaFourchette part of TripAdvisor group company, is a pure player company and the european leader of restaurants online booking. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people go to restaurant!
LaFourchette company’s goal is to become the #1 app for restaurant online booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service that provides several thousands of customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is present in a dozen countries and is subject to heavy use to accompany rapid growth? You want to build reliable back-end services and scalable services to power the leader of booking online restaurant?
You will join a dynamic and agile team located in Paris & Nantes in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees and that values sharing and development of each of them
In this context, we are looking for a Senior back-end developer in Node.js with experience on a high traffic website.
- You will drive and help other developers improving technically each days,
- You will be in charge of the technical conception of the solutions with your team according business goals,
- You will take part in the implementation of the new features of our products,
- Depending on the projects, you will be working on all functional areas of LaFourchette (Customer experience, Restaurant experience or Internal Tools).
What are the technologies we use?
- Our back-end technical stack relies on Node.js and PHP 5.5/Symfony2-3 framework.
- We use relational databases, ElasticSearch, memcached, RabbitMQ and SOLR solutions,
- Our front-ends are implemented with ReactJS or AngularJS, LESS/SaaS, Grunt and Webpack, respecting BEM methodology,
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We use HipChat, JIRA and Confluence,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontally architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
Qualifications must have
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by teamwork,
- You have a good communication with your team and learn fast,
- You like challenges and discovering new ways to solve problems,
- You make clear conceptions,
- You share company business goals and understand them,
- You are at least five-years experienced as a JS developer and at least three-years with NodeJS,
- You are an expert in native JS, from the foundations of the ES4 to new APIs and Overlays of ES6,
- You use one framework JS or more.
Qualifications nice to have
- You know the Scrum methodology,
- You have worked on projects with Symfony 2-3,
- Have experience with ReactJS, Flux, Redux,
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts and technologies of relational database - data model, SQL, query optimization, etc.,
- You have a first experience of no-sql systems or on SOLR, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis,
- Notions in responsive programming is a plus.