TheFork is part of TripAdvisor. We are building the #1 app for diners. Our website and apps are used by millions of users to decide where to go out for dinner and to make online bookings in the listed restaurants. Our community of users can post reviews, photos and mark restaurants as their favorite. Their input forms the basis of our restaurant guide.
TheFork is the leading European restaurant booking platform, providing its restaurant partners with an integrated SaaS. Headquartered in Paris with nearly 600 employees, we are operating in 12 countries (France, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Turkey, Portugal, Brazil and Australia) under the brands LaFourchette, Eltenedor, TheFork, MyTable, Iens, Seatme, Dimmi.
We are always looking for passionate, data driven, user oriented and humble colleagues, ready to change an industry.
TheFork Italy is searching for a General Accountant based in Milan. This role will lead, coordinate and assist in multiple projects of accounting. The position reports directly to the Accounting Manager in Italy.
As part of the Italian accounting team, the candidate will have, among others, the following responsibilities:
- Book transactions: expenses, payroll, cash, provisions and other journal entries
- VAT, social charges and other taxes record and payment
- Assists in running financial statements for month-end and annual reporting (monthly close activities including journal entries, preparation of accruals)
- Assists in monthly reconciliation of all accounts for reporting purposes;
- Travel expenses reports checking, booking and employees payment
- Ensure the regular drafting of all mandatory registers (VAT registers, fixed assets register etc.)
- Bookkeeping and settlement of invoices
- Managing purchase orders and match them with the invoices
- Vendor payments
- Withholding tax bookkeeping and related payment
- Handle the recording cash, credit card receipts, direct debits, credit card fees
- Ensure the bank and credit cards reconciliations
- Prepare cash flow reconciliations
Tax and mandatory communications to Italian Fiscal Authorities
- Assists in preparing reports and documents to be send to the fiscal consultants for the mandatory communications to the Italian Fiscal Authorities (eg clients and suppliers’ lists, documents related to withholding tax suppliers, documents and reports related to Intra-EU selling activity, etc.)
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a “Big Four” firm or in general accounting.
- Knowledge of the Italian GAAP
- International accounting standards (US-GAAP, IAS / IFRS) is a plus
- Fluent in English (oral, written), French is a plus
- Good knowledge of Italian VAT
- Proficiency in Microsoft AX is a plus
- Organization, rigor
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize in an environment with deadlines
- Voluntary to help on cross-functional projects
- Ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills